Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga has a rare opportunity for a support worker – Kai Haukunui – to join our school-based nursing team.
TToH is an innovative, values-based organisation with a staff of 270. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau throughout sunny Hawke’s Bay for the past 32 years.
We are now seeking a Kai Haukunui to support our school nursing team in nurturing the health and wellbeing of tamariki.
The role would suit a good organiser who enjoys variety, teamwork and networking.
The successful candidate would have:
- Experience in a community-based role
- The ability to work within a highly-performing team
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Great networking, people and relationship skills
- An affinity for working with children and their families
- Understanding of Maori and Pacifica cultures
- Some knowledge of te reo Maori and tikanga
Essential skills and qualifications include:
- A Hauora Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Current First Aid certificate
- A full and current driver’s licence