Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join the Oranga Hinengaro/Mental Wellbeing team within our innovative, kaupapa Maori organisation.
TToH is a family-focused organisation based in Hastings. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau across sunny Hawke’s Bay for the past 33 years.
Due to the retirement of a longstanding staff member, we are now looking for a special person with exceptional clinical and cultural skills to step into the role of Oranga Hinengaro Nurse in Wairoa.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable professional experience supporting whaiora and liaising with hapu, iwi and the DHB to promote wellbeing in the Wairoa community.
The successful candidate for this role will be a Registered Nurse with a current practising certificate, and at least five years of experience in community mental wellbeing.
You will also have:
- Knowledge and skills in te reo and tikanga
- The ability to liaise with other agencies
- Good understanding of Te Ao Maori (Maori world view) and Maori models of hinengaro care and support
- The ability to work with other professionals in a multi-disciplinary team
- Commitment to excellence and professional development
- A full and current driver’s licence
This is a full-time role.
Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Inquiries to Annette Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 18 January 2019 however don't leave it too late as we will be screening applicants as the come in.