Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga has an opportunity for a fixed term Community Health Worker – Kai Ararau – to join our Community Health Team. This role is Parental Leave backfill for up to 12 months.
Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau throughout sunny Hawke’s Bay for the past 32 years.
We are now seeking a Kai Ararau kaimahi to work within the healthy lifestyles team, in particular, delivering smoking cessation for the health and wellbeing of whanau within Heretaunga.
The role would suit a good organiser who enjoys variety, teamwork and networking.
The ideal candidate would be:
- Computer literate, able to enter data in databases and competent in Microsoft Office products (Medtech 32 and DR info audit would be an advantage)
- Proven experience working effectively within the community
- Able to motivate, educate, empower, coach and influence whanau
- Able to work well as part of an integrated team
- Able to develop relationships, networks and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
Essential skills and qualifications include:
- A Hauora Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Smoking Cessation trained
- A full and current driver’s licence
- Knowledge and understanding of tikanga and te reo Maori
Applications close 23 April 2018
If you are interested in this position, please apply by following the apply now prompts. Current employees of Taiwhenua who are affected by restructuring will be given priority in the selection process.